Tuesday, August 09, 2005

The long road ahead

First off I have to say that this is a little strange. My wife and I have been talking about adopting since we got married 13 years ago. However, it was really never a serious discussion until about 5 years ago. Since that time, I have been researching adoption online, what is involved, what it takes, what it costs. It is all a little daunting. So here we are, declaring our feelings to the world and letting you in and watch as we go through this process together. I feel a little like I'm starting a new reality show, and maybe that is true. I think that this is important though, even if there was no money involved. If I had been able to watch someone go through this, then maybe this would not seem so scary. There are a lot of places online where you can read a recounting of people's adoption stories, but this will be different. We, hopefully, will be posting to this alot. Certainly, at every stage of the process. You will be able to see all the up's and the down's. You will get to read about our feelings and emotions through each step of the process. You will probably hear more from me then Laura as I am the more "experienced" blogger, and I just like to talk more, but I will be on her to be active here and eventually she will be posting more. So anyway - sit back and enjoy the journey. -- Stephen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home