Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Bring on the Home Study

The application for the Home Study went out today with a check for 200.00 dollars.. Although these last couple of weeks have been all about the home study, it still seems strange that we are actually going to be doing it. We have been waiting to start eh home study, mostly because of the cost involved. The Application fee is 200.00 but once they send the retainer contract we have to send 2400.00 back with that. WHEW! We figured that my bonus this year would cover the HS. It might have too, had the government not bent me over the proverbial "tax table". After all was said and done, my bonus was sadly deficient to proceed. We also had to use some of the bonus money for some other stuff. Anyway, we need to get another 1000.00 together to have the full HS fee. I am currently calling all my past due clients to get the money together. So if any of my clients are reading this and you owe me money on an open invoice -- break out the check book. It has been a busy couple of weeks though. We got the living room repainted since we wanted to have a more "airy" feel in there. We went from steel gray walls to a celery crisp green. Whatever that means. Can't they just say light green. I suppose that doesn't really describe it though. I really didn't think I would like the color, but I really do. I also feel inspired to get more green plants in the living room. Not sure how long they will live though. :) I need to post some pics of the house in the photo blog -- no I haven't forgotten about that area, I promise I will get on that and get some pics up. We also bought a dining room table for our extremely small dining area. I personally would prefer to leave it open, but I think it will help our Home Study if the house actually looks like we have a normal setup. I guess Dining room tables are "normal". I also bought a fire extinguisher for the kitchen. I think I am going to be going through the whole house this week with a "Safety" mindset. What can I do to make the house safe for kids. I will be picking up some latches for all the drawers and cabinets, getting those cool little covers for the outlets - even though we use most of the outlets for my various techno gadgets. Due to our shortage in funds, we are going to have to postpone ordering our "instruction pack" from the adoption agency. That is step 1 for them, but I think that getting the Home Study started is more important at this juncture. Well, back to the autobiography which we are still not finished with !!!! -- Stephen

1 Comments:

At 10/05/2005 07:30:00 AM, Blogger Leigh Ann said...

HI - I have been occassionally checking out your blog, and along with you we are working on funding our adoption. You may want to check out Kingdom Kids Adoption Ministries at www.kkadoption.com. In conjuction with them, we sent out a letter-campaign and raised over $8,000 to date towards our expenses. Our prayers are with you- Leigh Ann (& Terry)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home