Thursday, October 06, 2005

Been a few days -- sorry

It has been awhile since I posted anything here. Here is a quick run down of the last couple of weeks. We were accepted by the Home Study provider and we are currently going through the retention contracts and still trying to pull the money together. I am confident that by the 16th when I get paid, we will have it all together. Such a headache though. Laura is back from her visiting her family in Minnesota and she was happy to see the changes to the house. It seems like it has become a tradition that whenever she leaves the house for a few days or more, I remodel. Gotta do something when your bored. :) We have been thinking a lot about a certain topic that is going to come up in the Home Study -- who will parent our child should something horrific happens to us. That is a hard quesiton to answer and for those of you who are reading this who were not offered the job, don't be offended. We thought for along time about what we wanted in an alternate parents and I feel like we made a good choice. I just hope they are up for it. It is a weird question to ask someone though. With those things in mind, I picked up a term life insurance policy to make sure that if I die, Laura and the baby will be taken care of, and if we both die, it will give our "alternates" a chance to raise her without the hardship that taking on another person brings. Still working on the autobioigraphy and finding it very difficult to focus on it. I am probably going to have to do a Starbucks sit in with my laptop this weekend and get it banged out. There is alot that happened in my breif existence on this planet and a lot of it is hard to put down in words. So hopefully in a few weeks we will be knee deep in the Home Study and getting all the dirt sucked out of our life for the world to see. :) --- Stephen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home