Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I-600A form and Fingerprinting

Yippee! This is the sound that my wife makes when we receive mail from the US Department of Justice. In case any of you were wondering. That sound is not because we are being contacted by the DOJ, but because that contact is to inform us that they have received and processed our I-600A and our Home Study and that they request that we go to a local office to get fingerprinted. For those of you not adopting, this is another milestone. We have had to wait for 2 1/2 months to get this. Which is not too bad considering that we filed our form during the holidays. From the way it sounds, if I had filed about a week sooner, we would have had our fingerprinting appt about 1 week later, back in December. Well , that is just the way it goes some times. Anyway - we are going today to get our fingerprints taken at the federal level. Normally this would scare me, but we are one step closer to our daughter and therefore I only feel excitement. Oh yeah, and Laura has already called me a few times to remind me when the fingerprinting opens, when it closes, that they may be at lunch around noon.... just kidding, but she is obviously excited as well.

4 Comments:

At 3/12/2006 07:34:00 PM, Blogger bandj said...

My wife and I are just starting the adoption process with China. Hopefully our home study will begin in the next 2-3 weeks. We feel like we have done as much as we can up front, and are now just waiting for things to get going.

Just curious if you sent the I-600A before your home study was complete?

Thanks for any advice that you have to offer!!

 
At 3/12/2006 07:37:00 PM, Blogger Our Adoption Blog said...

Yes - our homestudy followed our i-600A almost a month later... we think that was part of why it took so long to process it.

 
At 3/13/2006 07:56:00 PM, Blogger bandj said...

Thanks for the information. I just noticed that you are using AAO too! My wife and I live in Missouri, so we have been working with the St. Louis office. I have been very impressed.

I hope your journey goes very smooth. Thanks again, and thanks for the blog!

 
At 3/23/2006 12:26:00 PM, Blogger Leda said...

Sorry to post this here, but, I don't know how else to contact BandJ

BandJ - keep in mind every USCIS office is different, we sent out I-600 in first and we think that really sped up our process, but some state offices don't allow you to do it. Check with your local office. And check out our experience at http://chinatocalifornia.blogspot.com

Good Luck and Good Luck to you too, Steve & Laura, from another CA family!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home