Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Tales of a moron....

Ok so as you can read below, we went all the way to Sacramento to get our documents authenticated, and we were very proud of the fact that we were in and out so quickly. Hurray for us right. So now we move on to the next step -- getting the Consulate of the People's Republic of China to certify the documents. So I spend all day yesterday making copies of our documents and I come to the home study. Our wonderfully worded Homstudy. Our 3000.00 dollar Home Study. The document that declares that we are fit to be parents. The document that is NOT authenticated by the Secretary of State. DOH! Now mind you, after our 6 hour drive to Sacramento, we did not forget to bring this document to with us. We simply forgot to have them authenticate it while we were there. There are not words that can describe the horror, and the pain, and the anger going through my mind at the moment that I realized that we did not authenticate the Home Study while we were there. Thankfully, my wife, my beautiful, wonderful, lovely dutiful wife agreed to drive up and back to get it done today. So - thanks to rising gas prices our authentication, and my stupidity cost us another 200.00. ARRRRGGGGHHHH!!! It is OK though. We are still on schedule. I fedEx'd our Marriage License to Chicago yesterday and the consulate called and let me know that they received it. Wooo Hooo. Tomorrow I will FedEx Laura's BC to San Francisco, and the rest of our Docs go to LA. Almost there. Almost DTC. Almost LID..... so close.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home